At Earl Spencer we take Online Safety very seriously. Whilst we encourage technology throughout the school, measures are in place to keep the children safe when they are using computers and the internet. The school strives to embed Online Safety in all areas of our curriculum and key online safeguarding messages are reinforced wherever ICT is used in learning.
- The school follows the Twinkl PlanIt Computing Scheme of Work and 3D PSHE both of which ensure Online Safety is woven into the curriculum for all year groups.
- Pupils are made aware of copyright issues, data protection and the reliability of information sourced on the internet as part of the Online Safety curriculum.
- Opportunities for informal discussions with students about online risks and strategies for protecting yourself online are built into our curriculum, to ensure that our students are armed with accurate information.
- When the children use the computers, they are supervised at all times.
- Children have assemblies and lessons to remind them of Online Safety and the dangers which they may come across when they are online.
- Our school Internet provider operates a filtering system that restricts access to inappropriate materials.
- All children and parents have to adhere to and sign a responsible use form.
Whilst these measures are in place here at school, this may not be the case at home. Please take the time to visit the CEOP website for further advice www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/Primary/
Engage your children by discussing online safety through story telling.
Engaging online safety story for young children aged 3-7
Smartie the Penguin
An online safety story for 3 to 7 year olds.
The Adventures of Kara, Winston and the SMART Crew
The cartoons illustrate 5 e-safety SMART rules and include a real life SMART Crew of young people, who guide the cartoon characters in their quest, and help them make safe online decisions. Suitable for 7-11 year olds.