Welcome to Ash Class!
The adults in the classroom are Mrs Kingston and Mrs Langman
How to support your child in Year 5:
• PE is on Tuesday. Children are expected to come into school in their PE kit and change after into their school uniform.
• New spellings will be set each week on Spelling Shed and spelling tests will be every Friday.
• Please encourage your child to read every night. They can read out loud or in their head in year 5. They need to log this reading in their reading records along with a comment about what they have read.
• Homework. Maths and English homework will be given out every Thursday and is due the following Tuesday.
• We allow Year 5 children to walk to and from school on their own if they have written permission. Walking home alone policy must be returned to school signed before children will be allowed to walk home.
• If children need a mobile phone then they must sign the mobile technology policy. Phones must be switched off when they enter the school grounds and only switched on when they leave the school site. Mobile phones must be stored with the class Teacher and will be kept in a lockable case for the day.