How to support your child in Year 5:
- PE is on Monday. Children are expected to come in their school uniform and change into their PE kit.
- Library books will be changed on Thursday Afternoons.
- New spellings will be set each week on Spelling Shed and spelling tests will be every Friday.
- Please encourage your child to read every night. They can read out loud or in their head in year 5. They need to log this reading in their reading records along with a comment about what they have read.
- Homework. Maths and Grammar homework will be given out every Friday and is due on the following Friday. One topic homework will be given out each half term. If children require support, we have a homework club running every Wednesday lunch time.
- We allow Year 5 children to walk to and from school on their own if they have written permission. Walking home alone policy must be returned to school signed before children will be allowed to walk home.
- If children need a mobile phone this must be switched off when they enter the school and only switched on when they leave the school site. Mobile phones must be stored with the class Teacher and will be kept in a lockable case for the day