Our school will only be closed if one or more of the following conditions apply:
- The government advises that all schools need to close for an agreed amount of time.
- If a confirmed case of Coronavirus is identified within the school community, the local Health Protection Team (HPT) will contact the Headteachers. Alongside the Headteachers & the Chair of Governors, the HPT will complete a risk assessment. One of the outcomes may be that the HPT advises that the school should be closed, although this may not always be the case.
- The other reason for closure may be as a result of severe staff shortage where staff are having to self isolate under government guidance.
Steps taken to decide on whether to close the school will be as follows:
- The Headteachers will liaise with the HPR, the Chair of Governors and if necessary the Local Authority and a joint decision will be made as to whether the school should be open or not.
- The decision to open school, or not, will be communicated to staff and communicated to parents via:
- The school website.
Your child's education is important and teachers will be setting work via your child's class page on the website.